Thread of the Day: Build Your Custom Dream Car
We’ve had many “Dream Garage” Thread of the Day posts lately and decided to make the Dream Garage Thread of the Day to end all Dream Garage Thread of the Days: we want you to build your dream car using features and specs from other cars.
For today’s Thread of the Day, pick one of the following from a new car (our example is in parenthesis):
- Specific exterior design/body style (Ford Fiesta hatchback)
- Engine (Ford Focus ST’s 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4)
- Transmission (Porsche’s seven-speed PDK dual-clutch gearbox)
- Drivetrain (Subaru Impreza WRX STI’s all-wheel-drive system)
- Chassis/suspension setup (Subaru BRZ)
- Interior feature (2013 Chevrolet Impala’s available bench seats)
The end result of our build is an all-wheel-drive Fiesta hatch similar to Ken Block’s Gymkhana car, with a 252-hp turbocharged engine, a quick-shifting transmission, all-wheel drive, and most importantly, bench seats.
- Ford Crown Victoria body
- 5.8-liter supercharged V-8 from a Shelby GT500
- Six-speed manual from a Cadillac CTS-V
- Mustang Boss 302′s drivetrain
- Boss 302′s chassis and suspension
- Tesla Model S’ infotainment system
Have fun with your dream car and tell us about your dream build in the comments below.